Newtown Public School enjoys the support of an active parent and community network.
The parents and citizens (P&C) association is a school-based organisation consisting of parents, teachers and interested citizens.
Aim of the P&C
The Newtown Public School P&C Association seeks to provide an open and inclusive environment where parents and members of the community can:
- have the opportunity to learn about the school's policies and programs and have input into shaping these policies and programs;
- support the school executive and teaching staff;
- discuss ways in which to promote the interests of the school and its students in the wider community; and
- raise additional funds to facilitate extra resources for the school.
- Promote and facilitate social events for the school community